Things We Are Doing
- The gym and sanctuary will be cleaned before and after each use. We are disinfecting and wiping hard and porous surfaces with an EPA approved disinfectant.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available in several locations throughout the building.
- Signs are posted to remind us of public health guidelines re: hand washing, masks, staying home if sick, etc.
- To maintain recommended social distancing, chair rows in the sanctuary will be spaced 3 1/2 feet apart and an empty chair will ordinarily be maintained between households.
- The service will be livestreamed in the Gym for those who feel the sanctuary is too crowded.
What We Would Like You To Do
Effective Sunday, May 23, 2021, we will be following the new guidance from the CDC and from Governor Carney’s 29th modification to the Delaware State of Emergency. For our church, this means we ask attendees to do the following :
- Maintain social distancing of 3 feet.
- Reservations are no longer required to attend in person, however, whether you are an individual or a large family, you will need to let the ushers seat you. The ushers will take on a role like a host in the restaurant, managing the seating space during the service.
- Stay home if you are sick or have a temperature, even if you don’t think it is COVID-19.
- Fully vaccinated people may stop wearing masks.
- Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated individuals (including children ages 2-11) should continue to wear masks indoors at church, and also outdoors if social distancing cannot be maintained. (Children under age 2 should not wear masks.
- For more detailed CDC mask guidance, click here.
A Final Note
We do encourage everyone to follow the guidelines, however we are not going to ask you if you are vaccinated. We trust you to be responsible before the Lord and to follow your conscience with regard to the above guidance. We also call everyone 1) to pursue peace and love by respecting and befriending, not judging those whose opinions differ from their own, and 2) to stay concerned to protect the vulnerable among us.