We’ve heard Jesus’ call to “Go make disciples” and Paul’s reminder that people can’t believe in Christ unless someone (you?) tells them. But sharing our faith with others often feels scary, unnatural, or just doesn’t come up. Many of us struggle to explain the Gospel to ourselves and our children — much less our neighbors, co-workers, friends, and parents!
That’s why our first Sunday School class of the year will be Express Your Faith: Helping Others Investigate Christ with Lyma McFall and Tyler Hogan. In this 10-week class, you will be equipped with simple and powerful tools for evangelism. Express Your Faith is a method of effectively sharing your faith developed by Randy Pope, lead teaching pastor of Perimeter Church. Some of the essentials you will learn include how to:
- Transition the conversation from secular to spiritual
- Understand and present your own personal testimony
- Help your friend want to investigate Christ
- Provide resources for them to easily investigate Christ
- Introduce them to Christ and help them begin to follow Him
We’re delighted to be resuming adult Sunday School this week, 9/20 from 11:00–12:00. As you might expect, things are going to be a little different this year, so here’s what you need to know:
- We’re starting off the year with one combined Sunday School class meeting in the Sanctuary.
- The class will be both in-person and streamed over Zoom. If you want to attend, you need to register HERE just like you do for service. There’s a seating cap in the sanctuary, but no limit for Zoom attendance.
- There’s a workbook for this class. If you would like one, check the box on your registration.
This class has the potential to change lives — yours, and those around you. But like most classes, you’ll get out of it what you put into it. We strongly encourage you to make attending and participating a priority, and to put what you learn into practice during the week.
We’re working hard to make the online attendees as integrated into the class as possible. Even if you’re not in the room, you will be able to see and hear the presenter, the video clips, and can interact by chat. The host will be able to pass your questions and comments along, and we’ll even have break-out rooms for small group discussions with other Zoom attendees!
If you have any questions, contact Tyler Hogan for more details or help getting set up.